Skip to main content

Couch to 220 Burpees in 5 Months


Actually getting my but of the couch and actually starting was the hardest part.
and to think that i nearly gave up before i started. I have gone from spending
all my spare time on the couch and replacing it with new habits. I didnt want
a quick short term fix I wanted a fitness and nutrition plan that I could live with
 for the rest of my life. My couch was a bad behaviour and routine, I now realise
that we develop bad habits and they are not in us from birth

Before I started 12wbt I was a very unfit and unhealthy 125kg 42 year old
who couldn't even walk 100 meters without having to stop to catch my breath.
 If I kept up with this life style I would not have had the chance to watch my
grand son Cooper grow up to be an adult. I could not do that to him. 5 months
ago i made a choice that has changed my life for ever. I can still remember the
first day I went to training. I was so scared when I walked down those steps.
My palms were sweating and my heart racing and I hadn't even done any
exercise yet. At this stage I had to either fight or flight. Fight the fear of exercise
or flight and run away there and then. Well thank god I picked fight. I have fought
of over 30 kilos and have loved every bit of the journey so far. 30 down and 30
 to go.

How fare have I come. Tonight under 6 months later I did burpee practice
and pumped out 220 burpees at burpee practice after doing my second bootcamp
session for the day. If only I had done this when I was in my 20's . It saddens
me cause i now realise that I waisted the last 20 years of my life because of my
 weight and fitness. I have missed out on the last 20 years and now I have to make
up for it big time.

5 months ago i struggled to walk my bin out and to do 5 burpees and now I
do 6 bootcamp sessions a week, swim and do the thousand steps twice a week,
 walk 11ks home from bootcamp once a week and pump out 220 burpees on
wednesday night for burpee practice. I have booked into my first fun run in may,
 Tough Mudder in March and the most exciting accomplishment will be to do
burpees beside my trainer as she pumps out 1500 in April Just Amazing.

So when you exercise and feel like you are slow, unfit and cant do it just keep
 pushing forward, Its seems to happen over night. One day you will wake up
and go omg I am in the right head space, exercise is part of my daily routine
and i have improved so much. I thought i had a life before but it was only and
 existance.

Comments

  1. I was going to write 'great story' .. but then I realised it's not a story, it's your new AMAZING life. I also am 42 and cannot imaging doing 20 burpees let alone 220 .. but I figure if you can do it, surely I can motivate/energise/get-off-the-couch and do it too.

    Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I saw this post yesterday and just love everything about it. It goes with everything i believe. This journey is forever and it has to be sustainable. Its forever. I am also a massive believer that you cannot out train a bad diet. A bit of chocolate on Easter Bunny day is not going to set back your goals unless you go on a long weekend hot cross buns and easter egg binge. Also i doubt if you would put on 2 or 3 kg for having a couple of eggs or hot cross buns if you are training the right way and you have built a healthy metabolism. I believe that we need to enjoy special days as long as we keep them in to days and not extend them into weeks and months. (The time of year has come where Facebook is flooded with posts about how much sugar chocolate has, how many calories your favourite Easter egg has, and how long it's going to take to burn it off. Of course, it's a great idea for our health not to consume too much added sugars in our die...

KAKODA CHALLENGE MELBOURNE TRAINING

This morning i feel from the effort of yesterdays training. On the 28th of October a group of 4 of us our participating in the 30ks kakoda Challenge Over Mount Dandenong, So yesterday we did our first big training session or it.  We did 20ks of the 30k walk. During the challenge they give you  9 hours to compete the challenge and yesterday our fantastic team completed 20ks in just under 5 hours. Got to be happy with that.   Leg burn like i have never felt leg burn before. The hills were a killer but the weather was kind and this morning my legs are definately letting me now they are alive and didnt agree with the torture i pervailed on them yesterday. But in the Kakoda spirit the 4 of us completed our mission for the day. I bit confused though lol helen and I wore our polars and she burnt 500 cal more than I what is that. All in all a great day with great friends. A BIT ABOUT KAKODA CHALLENGE MELBOURNE On sunday 28th of Octo...

Just reading Womans Health Website and look what i find woo hoo

I was checking out the womans health magazine website last night cause i get so much inspirations from peoples before and after storys and woo hoo there i was. OMG it actually brought it home to me how far i have come not only physically but also mentally.  I have grown in so many positive ways since starting my journey in sep last year.  So i thougt i would share this with you/ http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/womens-health/weight-loss/eating-strategies/article/-/14821940/how-i-lost-62-kgs/ HOW I LOST 62 KGS Obese since her early twenties, Heidi Wilson's motivation to lose 62 kg came in the form of a tiny person: her grandson Cooper. Heidi Wilson's dramatic weight loss Name: HEIDI WILSON Age: 42 years old Works at: Yarra Rangers Council My life before weight loss I am happily married, have three children and one grandson. I had been obese since having my three children in my late teens - early 20's. I put on at least 20 kg with each pregnancy and never really lo...