Skip to main content

Theres always room for improvement

I have learnt alot from 12wbt but the biggest lesson i have learnt is that i have realised that i dont have to be a perfect weight watcher to achieve my goals i just have to be persistant and persevere and keep them in sight. Also once one goal is achieved always have another one. Something to work towards and keep you on track. My goals that i have achieved so far with 12wbt have been to loose half my body weight, wear a size 12 dress to finale on stage, learn how to swim, toe push ups, complete tought mudder and to conquer the monekey bars.

At the start i thought my goals would never happen. I had to practice my new behaviours until they became auto pilot. I say to myself when i slip up its not because i have no control it because i need to practice dealing with that particular situation that made me run of track. Through my whole journey i have kept my goals very close to my heart and in focus. Your Goals are you key tool in this whole journey. They are what keep you motivated

My biggest hurdle was my confidence. I had no confidence. So I found it very hard to believe in myself that i can do this. But as i started stripping back the layers my confidence started to appear and the more it appeared the more i believed i could do this.

At the start of the last round i had to dig deep to come up with a realistic goal that i wanted to achieve. Those goal were to do the monkey bars at tough mudder and to water ski for the first time . Last year i didn't even attempt them i just jumped in a swam across the monkey bars and when we go skiing every summer i sit and watch. I knew that monkey bars would be something that would challenge me. So i joined lean and strong and spent the round changing my way of thinking. But the whole time kept my goal in sight. My son and husband made me some monkey bars at home. Who would have thought less than 10 days till the end of the round and last weekend i achieved my goal i did the monkey bars at Tough Mudder. As far as water skiing go you cant take the smile of my face.

So please do your preseason tasks and keep your goals in focus. Below is a video clip i put together of
my round 4 journey


Comments

  1. OMG Heidi you killed though Monkey Bars!!!! Your journey has inspired me so much. The monkey bars defeated me at Hidden Warrior upper body strength has always been my weakness but you have now given me hope :)
    Congratulations on a fantastic Round 4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your clip, how special your journey has been, the song choice was perfect! You are on fire!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KAKODA CHALLENGE MELBOURNE TRAINING

This morning i feel from the effort of yesterdays training. On the 28th of October a group of 4 of us our participating in the 30ks kakoda Challenge Over Mount Dandenong, So yesterday we did our first big training session or it.  We did 20ks of the 30k walk. During the challenge they give you  9 hours to compete the challenge and yesterday our fantastic team completed 20ks in just under 5 hours. Got to be happy with that.   Leg burn like i have never felt leg burn before. The hills were a killer but the weather was kind and this morning my legs are definately letting me now they are alive and didnt agree with the torture i pervailed on them yesterday. But in the Kakoda spirit the 4 of us completed our mission for the day. I bit confused though lol helen and I wore our polars and she burnt 500 cal more than I what is that. All in all a great day with great friends. A BIT ABOUT KAKODA CHALLENGE MELBOURNE On sunday 28th of October 4 of us fr

MY CALORIE BURN DIARY

MONDAY 20TH FEBRUARY Sorry havent been on herre for a week been flat out with work, family, bootcamp. But alls good.  Had a great burn day today . Two bootcamp sessions and work. MONDAY 13TH FEBRUARY Sorry have missed a few days. I have to remember to wear my hrm everyday.  But today I did 6am bootcamp and then worked till 4 and then did a 10k walk with some fantastic friends. FRIDAY 10TH FEBRUARY What a whopper after a Hoffy Session in the morning followed by 1000 steps after lunch . Worked all day then came home and did all my house work. pooped FRIDAY 3RD FEBRUARY Completed two hoffy bootcamp sessions this morning with great calorie intake yeah . WEDNESDAY 1ST FEBRUARY I did my sss day today. started with bootcamp at intensity at 6am. Then had a lovely walk in the after noon with a great friend.  Then backed it up with a second bootcamp session tonight. Smashed my 1 k run at 7min12sec and finished it off with burpee challenge practice doing 200 burpees

Rond 2 2012 Finale Pics Had a Ball

Last weekend i ventured over to perth for Round 2 Finale and had an absolute ball.  Its a chance for us all to get glamed up and treat ourselves after all the hard work we have put in over the 12 weeks.  First id like to thank Tania de Rossi for organising the group hair and makeup even on Saturday Afternoon it was great sitting there drinking champaign and catching up with other 12weekers.  Then back to my hotel with my lovely daughter to get frocked up and of we go. From there its history. Danced and drank the night away. Presentation was one of the proudest moments of my life.  My daughter baby tough mudder not only won by changing her life this round but she took out the overall transformation title. My husband and i stood there crying a moment i will never forget. ( actually brings tears to my eyes everytime i think of it) You just have to watch the video below and you will know what i mean